A small family farm and herd share dairy in Penrose, CO (near Colorado Springs)
Welcome! Kelly and Abi here - we own and operate Cloud 9 Farms in Penrose, CO (a bit south of Colorado Springs). We started this farm because we wanted to eat fresh, nutrient-dense foods, produced using methods beneficial to the humans, the animals and the land. We produce more food than we can eat, and share the surplus with our raw milk share partners and other folks that appreciate better-than-organic food.
All of our animals are raised on pasture or free ranged. We use soy-free, non-GMO feeds, never administer hormones, and only use antibiotics as a last resort to save a life. We practice low-stress livestock handling and believe happy, healthy, loved animals make tasty, healthy, nutrient dense food.
Our extended family now includes:
- Our Brown Swiss/Jersey cow, Lucy (she produces amazing raw milk)
- A flock of Katahdin and Royal White hair sheep (tasty, mild lamb)
- A flock of Beyond Organic Chickens (for eggs and broilers)
- Broad Breasted White Turkeys (so much better than factory farmed)
- Kunekune Pigs (hardy, cute and tasty)